Anger : act don’t react
Most humans get angry at the littlest things, things that they can’t control. They get overwhelmed and react at the slightest trigger that leads to anger or uncontrolled emotions.
They often want to control the environment or outcome of the situation, when they fail they get anxious that then turns to anger.
You can’t prevent rain and storms though you can always prepare for it.
How you can stop letting anger get the best of you
- First, you have to accept that anger is just an emotion, getting angry is as normal as getting happy.
- Anger drains your energy and the energy of others around you. Energy is the true currency of our life that you wouldn’t want to lose, right?
- Deep Breath: Take a deep breath for 10–20 secs this might help you be aware of the situation or environment.
- Step back and analyze: Take a moment and analyze why you got angry at that particular situation and how you could have prevented it by acting differently or in a calm way.
- Find reasons: If someone is angry what could be the reason behind it, maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or he is just a stupid person who is born that way and doesn’t want to change.
Don’t worry about the things you can’t control.
You are the main character of your life. Every single day is like an episode of your life series. If you are aware and mindful of your actions, you are in control of your life, if not you are letting others take control of it that will make you a puppet of others in your own life.
When you get irritated with people, you are letting them define your mood and feeling. When something happens which was not in your control, you let it affect your day considering that today is not your day etc. It is just about the right mindset and being aware of the moment, defining how that moment affects you if you look back at it in future, one of the episodes of your life series.
Anger could be a very powerful tool only if you know how to redirect it and use it to your advantage. ;)